Latest Posts

The End of the Line

By 08:59 , , , , , ,


Tomorrow's the day that symbolizes a finish line.

After how many years of nosing through books, listening to teachers or professors drone on different subjects, school hallways, waking up very early and modest/tacky school uniforms, this is it. The red rope. Finally the backache days of my parents may be somehow coming to an end. Me and my brothers are all through with our education. I'm so grateful for the hard work my parents had had to go through to provide for us.


I cannot think of a reason for not being thankful that I'm graduating college. For all the teachers, friends, professors and everyone who was with me during this triumph. Especially, God and my parents who is with me, supporting me all this time.

Sad. Happy. Melancholic. Nostalgic. Exciting. Grateful. Thankful.


I don't know how I'm supposed to feel right now. All I know is tomorrow, I'll be made up and have to march in that stage to get that symbolic paper I've worked for in all these years. I'm proud of my school, how I had to work hard for my degree. I've had to learn to be resourceful, to sacrifice and to persevere really hard. Nothing in life is easy but try graduating in PUP and you'll know the struggle. The queues, the headache, some cold-hearted professors. :))



These times, you can't help but think back on all that you've been through and reflect on yourself. I've seen myself grow to this person and I'm so happy. Of course, I still want to grow into a more better version of myself in the future, but I'm glad of the way things turned out. Also, I never want to stop learning. I don't want my brain to dry out even after I graduate. Learning is a never-ending process in life.

I look back at my past irrational fear post of ending up in the kangkungan. Thankfully, that didn't happen. I'm lucky that I have a job waiting for me after I graduate. I took a chance and it worked out. Of course, I have people that encourage me even though I have doubts about myself and what I can do. The people that continue to build up my courage are the people that inspire me the most. I'm just so amazed by how things turned out, that God has an awesome plan for my life and I just have to have faith in him. Whatever he brings, in him I trust.

I have picked up a mantra that I tell myself, from the latest Cinderella movie.

Have courage and be kind, always.


You Might Also Like

0 comments