Latest Posts

Hold on tight, this ride is a wild one.

By 04:16 , , , , , , , , , , ,

(Her name is Suki. She's my new plant.)

I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit about how to give and take
But since I came here
Felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake


I have been a working girl for a month now. Get up the morning, eat, shower, put sunscreen and moisturizer then head off to BGC whereas I am raking through the streets of busy and trafficky Philippines. Adapting to this routine took me awhile but now I don't get to the office looking so very haggardo versoza.

I ended up having to try different routes going to the office to test what gets me there fastest and which I prefer the most. At first I have tried the dreaded Metro Rail Train System (MRT) which is known for it's ability to transform people into Spartans in the morning especially during rush hours. Of course, I'm not high standard when it comes to commuting. But you have to admit, when you have experienced riding in one during rush hours, you know the struggle.

Sisters gotta help each other, so my tips in riding the MRT for you are:
(I'm not an expert or anything but... this shit worked for me.)

  • If you're in a morning shift, get there super early. Times like 4:30-6:30am, you can easily get through the platform. They haven't stopped entry yet. (This doesn't mean you can sit. You still stand. Unless you ride in one of the end stations. You still have to queue in the platform. But it's not that long.) Times like 7:30-10AM, there's a queue for ticket, for the entrance, in the platform. A LOT OF QUEUES. 
  • Buy a stored value. Nuff said.
  • Wear flats and get a bag that you can easily put in front of you.
  • Be ready with your fan and face towel. Don't put too much makeup yet girl.
  • Get some earphones and plug in One Direction or 5sos or The Vamps (idk if it's just me but)
  • In my case as a girl, I don't usually like riding in the girl part of the train because ruthless people often are there (just kidding), it's much harder to ride in as there's a long queue. Also, it's a smaller space.  Ride in the all gender part. They move where the spaces are, side to side or what. But prepare yourself for the smell and the constant pushing. (Feeling like your insides are squeezed and you can't breathe for f's sake)
  • I have been a very lucky girl for three consecutive days in the MRT, because when I ride it's always a skip train (a magical train with no passengers in it specifically purposed to take in people in the most populated stations). I traced a pattern which is when I get there around 7AM sharp and about 7:30-8:00AM (when the skip train comes), the guards would let in about a whole bunch of people inside the station but not yet at the platform. When the train is coming, they let you up and it's like 300 the movie. Be prepared. (This is not all the time, don't hope on this)
  • If you're riding in Cubao (one of the most populated stations), get ready for shit to go down.

If you're riding in the bus, my tips are simple:
  • Wear flats and wear something you can balance in.
  • Be prepared with your fare
  • Don't be a douche and let senior citizens seat in their respective seats at the bus which is at the front (even if you're a girl stand the fuck up)
  • Be in the know of your bus stops and the route of the bus (I have one incident I rode the wrong bus and had to walk a loooong way to my next bus ride)
But alas, I have found my route where I'm most comfortable even though not the cheapest. Four rides = Jeepney > Jeepney > Bus > Bus. How wicked is that? Before, I am naive at commuting. I just ride on one jeep for my high school and college days. Also in my ojt's, the location's very convenient. But now, I feel so badass in commuting.





I don't care if this blog post is too long, but I have a lot to say... so my work. I am enjoying it so far. I am learning a lot especially how to handle myself in the frontlines. I am getting used to dealing with a lot of people on a daily basis (a lot of people are nice but not all of them). As my co-workers said, it's part of growing up. I am basically just thankful I have a job that I enjoy. Most especially I have a team and we get along really well as friends and at work.

Also, the thing about my work that I love the most is gaining the fruits of my labor and being able to give a little something for my parents. I got my mom's hair rebonded and my pops and I got a foot spa.





So that was a fun Mother's day treat. So yeah. Also, I just want to put it down to writing, that I absolutely love All Time Low's new album. Ugh.



Also, I am relating farely well to this song by Yael Naim.



Have a happy week!

Pola x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Commuting has always been a problem here. But it's a good that you're enjoying work. Keep it up! ;)

    www.andygulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete