Latest Posts

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (Book Review)

By 18:01 , , , , , ,


GOOD morning! I'm sups stoked to tell you about this book. :)

Synopsis:

The Pre-Sloane Emily didn’t go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn’t do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just… disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try… unless they could lead back to her best friend. 

Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough.
Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? 
Kiss a Stranger? Wait… what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um…


I really really enjoyed this book! :)

It's about taking risks, going out of your comfort zone, friendships, love and finding who you are. It takes you to Emily's journey about finding Sloane, but turns out, she finds the version of herself that she truly likes.
At the start, I wasn't really into reading it, but when Emily starts with the list.. I couldn't put my phone down!

Feels like you're a part of the story. It's so exciting, kinda funny and I just completely adore it!

 I love Emily's guarded personality but when she becomes comfortable she's this character that you just admire. She's taking all these risks for the people she likes and I really like that about her. 
 My dream cast as Emily would be Liana Liberato.


She's so pretty... like um.

What else, oh Frank! I really like him, he starts out like the completely unattainable boy and turns out to be this really sweet guy and just comfortable to be around and secretly ripped (?) haha! I liked that too. I liked his character very much. Douglas Booth was my guy here.




I also loved their friendship at first while running. It's so cute they made mixes for each other and stuff.


"It was like swimming under the stars, like sleeping outside,
like climbing a tree in the dark and seeing the view.
It was scary and safe and peaceful and exciting, all at the same time.
It was the way I felt when I was with him.
Like a well-ordered universe."

Sloane's character though, I sensed that there's gonna be a big revelation about her too. Yeah. :) A lot of characters I liked. I imagined her as Ashley Tisdale. :)


Of course, I loved quotes more than I should. But I can't put all here. Even though I want to.


 I was beginning to feel dizzy, and it was becoming clear to me that it was much easier to volunteer to do the brave thing, and much harder to actually have to follow through with it. 

  I don’t think you have to do something so big to be brave. And it’s the little things that are harder anyway. 

You're the brightest thing in the room.


Go read it and have fun! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments