Latest Posts

Fear of the Kangkungan

By 11:09 , , , ,

(Photo not mine)

I've been a LiLi girl for about 5 weeks now!

Reading that First days blog post of mine makes me remember the feeling when I was kinda nervous but I feel like now, I'm getting the hang of it. I'm getting used to the work and operations, the constant foot/back pain, the service sequence and my co-workers. I love them so much already.

Our christmas party
As I've said before, I love this type of work where I get to see people appreciate food and things and be happy and warm and comfy. I, myself, am a food appreciator. (If that's even a word) I have this habit of moaning and repeating "mmm sarap" while eating good food. But of course, there have been tiring and confusing times and all these negative emotions during this especially with problematic guests and other tight situations, but in the end it all makes the experience worthwhile. It's because I know that I'm learning. Of course, you can't choose the people you deal with, so you gotta go along with it and see the good in every situation.

In line with getting to experience the "real work", I've been asked a few times these days of what am I planning to do after this... after college... after graduation...

and honestly... I really don't know.

I want to continue this line of work but I don't know where to start. It'd be amazing to be absorbed but I want to try other hotels. I'm a mess at decisions. Hahaha

It reminds me of a quote from One Tree Hill:
Yes, I am scared of the future.
But my fear is not irrelevant.
Everybody has them, from what I was told.

Thankfully, I have my cousins who give good advice like my rommie. She told me that I was very hardworking, skillful and that I wouldn't have that hard of a time searching for a job because I was hire-worthy to her. (plus she's a future HR person)

It made me feel really good and I for sure hope that what she said was real. But it all depends upon me, of course, to make it real. "No one has it all figured out." So I'm not the only one in this ship. I try to see everything positively and try not to worry about it too much.
It will all fall into place and everything will be okay.

You Might Also Like

0 comments