Latest Posts

First days

By 09:01 , , , , , , ,


This was taken more than a year ago. Throwback to silly headdresses, long necklaces and never ending New Orleans music. If you didn't know I was a server at Gumbo for my restaurant practicum.

"Hi/Bonjour, I'm Pola. Welcome to Gumbo!"


I really enjoy it and as far as I know, I'm good at it. I make it a point that I always put a smile on my guests' face. Sometimes, I made mistakes but you learn from them(obviously).. and there's nothing like the good feeling of making the guest feel comfortable and very homey because of you.

I firmly believe that you can tell much about a person by how they treat waiters or people that serve them.
(enough said)



The one dilemma I faced was my superiors, we didn't get on very well. Most of the staff don't get on with her either. So, the feeling between the crew is mutual. But when I look at it, I see it now, as a big learning experience. I learned that you don't get to choose who you work with, but you gotta accept it and really work with it. You mustn't quit, you mustn't give up. Definitely, not let other people bring you down. You must not let them affect you in how you see yourself.
You must take them like brick and build your castle.
You're going to make it.
It'll be hard, but you're going to make it.

So tomorrow, it's my first day as intern! (AGAIN!) I'm working for a bigtime hotel this time around. I'm getting all these mixed emotions: anxious, excited, nervous, pressured. (I hope it's better than my last one, but I'm focused in making it better. All it takes is positivity, right?) I think it's perfectly normal. Everybody has nerves. I just needed to vent about it.

Also, I've waited weeks for this internship to start and honestly I really don't know what to feel about the weather being bad. I hope everyone's safe. It's like, I'm not sure if I will back down if the rain's too heavy or I'll push through with it. It's because I'm not in the student category anymore!! Also, my parents are definitely shutting me in if the rain gets too heavy. I really don't know anymore hahaha *fiddle-faddle*

In a few hours, I should be waking up. So I'm off to sleep! x

#Throwback
A really dorky picture of me on my first day in Gumbo

You Might Also Like

0 comments