Latest Posts

You are beautiful.

By 16:48 , ,

Lovely morning! :)

Well, I started today with a warm cup of coffee and I was feeling pretty happy.


After my dose of caffeine, I became aware of what my parents were talking about. Karen Carpenter. She's got this amazing voice and they were all the rage back then. She's one of The Carpenters, ring any bells?

I kinda like retro stuff, because my parents are sorta ancient like that. It's okay to like something that's not ordinary. "Don't feel stupid if you don't like what everyone else pretends to love." I like all sorts of music, I'm not a one-genre kind of person.


Back to what I was saying, Karen Carpenter was a great great singer. She had this lovely voice. She died of Cardiac Arrest at the age of 32(I think?) and because she had Anorexia. I just think it's sad to start off my day like that, knowing that I didn't pour out my feelings about it.

I mean the society back then didn't gave much attention to things like these.  It's sad knowing how one word like "chubby" could make you go extra lengths just to fit into what other people want you to look like. Unlike now where there's a lot of women empowerment stuff running about. Because girls do take these things seriously. It's just that society is really fucked up because you have this image of beauty. That beautiful people must be skinny and it doesn't have to be like that. It's just that Karen didn't hear all the support that women give each other today. Because beauty comes in all shapes and forms. It doesn't matter if you're too fat or thin, white or dark or anything else, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Regardless of what everyone else says you're not, you're still beautiful. Yes, you. I'm telling you now, just in case.

I mean, I felt the need to write about this because I am, too, sometimes insecure about my body. I want to be in the best shape of my body that's why I'm working out. I want to be healthy, because in the future this will pay off. I want to feel good about myself, not to conform to what society says, but FOR MYSELF. I want to be happy. Isn't that what everyone aims for?

Enjoy this beautiful song by Colbie Caillat. :)


You don't have to try so hard
You don't have to give it all away
You just have to get up, get up, get up, get up
You don't have to change a single thing

You Might Also Like

0 comments