Latest Posts

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (Book Review or me babbling)

By 04:26 , , , , ,

THIS. FUCKED. ME. UP.


I'm still currently in shock right now.

It's about:
\
A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends—the Liars—whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

I mean I can't conjure up enough words right now. I can't form a logical sentence to review this book. At first, I went straight into the state of anger. You know when you have that feeling like you want to throw the book out the window. But actually I can't do that, because my copy is in epub form so that will mean that my phone will be the one that I'll chuck out of my window... I kinda need my phone.

Okay, if you are reading this book... Let me tell you that spoiling yourself, by that I mean skipping to the end of the book, will NOT be pretty. DON'T, JUST DON'T. Go into the book with an open mind.


I liked the characters well enough. I liked Gat the best. Even though sometimes he doesn't make sense, I understood. I liked how Cady described him. I liked his attic kisses.


I have mixed feelings about Cady though. Sometimes I liker her, sometimes I don't. I didn't trust her because of her faded memories, but she's the one talking and I'm as clueless as her. She also was raised from a very complex family. Being a Sinclair was very difficult. But when she recalled that night, my feelings just got kicked-in-the-balls hard.


I'm a dreamcast reader person, meaning I like to picture a face with the characters. But I was torn which character I want to imagine who. That's one of the reasons why I want to read the book the second time. Also, I really can't move on. So that's a reason as well. I'm thinking that if I read the book again, I can accept what happens... It just felt like it was all at once and my heart didn't handle it well. Haha! It kinda just left me with the feeling like "WTF did I just read." *screams*

I'm not used to E. Lockhart's way of writing, but I got used to it though. It was very well-written. She has this way of writing that is so mysterious and just hooks you up. It's really something.

As usual, I will list some typos I saw on tumblr here. Most of the photos I post here are from Tumblr. I see them on the tags. Here are some quotes that I really liked. :)

"He was contemplation and enthusiasm. Ambition and strong coffee. I could have looked at him forever."

"SILENCE IS A PROTECTIVE COATING OVER PAIN."


"He was a person who couldn't fake a smile but smiled often."
" There is not even a Scrabble word for how bad I feel. "





As I was writing this post, I was listening to this fanmix for We Were Liars I found on tumblr and it's really good.


I don't know if I should suggest you this book. But it's great, if you want to be tormented. Haha! I want this to be a film... But yeah, go read it! :)

"I endure."//

You Might Also Like

0 comments