Latest Posts

Marley and Me by John Grogan (Book Review)

By 12:17 , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Due to the National Bookstore Warehouse Sale in Recto, where the books are priced 80% off, I got a hold of this book! It only cost me 20 PHP which was a great bargain! It was the only book I bought though. I got there kinda late and the good books were probably already bought by someone else. :)

But anyway, I've already watched the movie version of this book before and it brought me actual tears - sobbing tears. Like I was rolling in the deep with emotions. Nawasak ang puso ko dito. I've never been a fan of dogs because they scare me sometimes, but after I watched this movie, it made me want to have one! I have puppy fever. Also I got close to my boyfriends dogs back then so yeah, adding to the feeling of me wanting these cute munchkins. As I've told you before in my past blog post, I really wanted a pet pug or a hedgehog! It kinda brightens up my day when I look at hedgehog or pug pictures.

But unfortunately, my mom won't let me have pets. Sad life.

I love this story because it's so real. It's about a couple's love story and the journey to build a family and a home. I just love it. You also can't help but adore Marley!!!


His effervescent energy, loyalty, playfulness, smart brain, bravery is just so admirable. Let's not forget to mention how much trouble he caused too!!! But he's just so cute, it makes me squirm. Also, he's always there for his family always. It just makes me happy how a dog can be a man's best friend. If you give your heart, he will give you his. He will love you until the end.

[Thunderstorms and Marley don't mix very well. He decides to claw his way through the garage! :) ]

This part is hilarious! When Marley is going to get his balls cut out. Hahahaha! He has some kind of foreboding I guess of what was coming for him! 


This just made me want to have a dog so bad. :)

Maybe in the future.

It also shows us that even though dogs are just a part of our life, we are part of his whole life. But even when they pass, they will always be a part of who we are. Memories will always last - good ones, funny ones even bad ones that turn out to be funny ones when you look back at them.


This part is just gut-wrenching and heartbreaking.
Bye Marley. I love you!


You're a great dog Marley! *sniff*

The book and movie is pretty darn good! Go check them out if you want a shitload of feels!

You Might Also Like

0 comments