Latest Posts

Book Review: Royally Lost by Angie Stanton

By 04:26 , , , ,


I'm back to Chick Lit once again. Need to take a break from the intensity of Divergent Series. ;)

Soooo... Here you go. ROYALLY LOST by Angie Stanton

Synopsis: Dragged on a family trip to Europe, Becca wants nothing more than to go home. Trapped with her emotionally distant father, overeager stepmother, and a brother who only wants to hook up with European hotties, Becca is miserable. Until she meets Nikolai.
Nikolai has everything—he's a crown prince, heir to the throne, and girls adore him. But the one thing he doesn't have is freedom . . . so he flees his kingdom and goes on his own European trip.
And when Nikolai and Becca meet, sparks fly. But Becca's family vacation ends in a matter of days. Will Nikolai and Becca be forced to say good-bye, or will they change history forever?

I'll start by saying that I'm a sucker for books with some explore shit going on. I was hooked to the synopsis because well... Europe! :) Just like Anna and The French Kiss which was my absolute fave. ( Btw. I hope A&TFK never becomes a movie, but I secretly do, but I don't. Doesn't make any sense, but I just wanted my imagination of it to be sacred.)
But, at the start of the book I was really thinking like "pfft this doesn't really happen in real life" kinda thing but I got over it easily and I kinda just went through it quickly because the main character, which is Becca, kinda sounded like a brat. I mean she was ungrateful that she had this FREE trip to Europe! I mean come on! Not everyone is so lucky to have that chance. I'd have to work my butt off. But she had this busy Dad, and she kinda complained about him being busy. I mean that's what single dads do! I mean EUROPE. GIRL. EUROPE.



I mean I would be jumping up and down if I ever get the chance. But she was reluctant about his Dad and Vicky's relationship, I mean she should try to understand his dad's situation. Also, Vicky was trying. She was trying to reach out to her and she's the one turning them down.

Okay enough about Becca's situation.. I really sympathized with Nikolai's case though. Having no parents who care enough to listen to him and just burdening him with responsibilities even before he was ready. I mean it was a throne they were putting on his shoulders! I get the fact that he needed to escape and just find himself. Well maybe that's why Becca appealed to him.. because she was also finding out who she was with him.

I really ship Nemi so I just kinda pictured them the part. :)


But I find the story kinda sweet. It kinda made me cringe sometimes of how sweet it is. But hey, it is really cute. Especially when I imagine it coming out of Niall Horan's mouth. Yes, please! :)

There are some cheesy lines pulled, that I kinda cocked an eyebrow while reading it, but I chose not to ruin the sappy sappy love story. I mean if I found out I was dating a prince I would've freaked out- I mean I thought I was flinging with a hot guy in Europe, but turns out he's a prince. I would overthink myself. I kinda liked Becca's attitude though towards Nikolai. She was quirky and funny and sexy and beautiful which every hipster girl aspires to be.

The Costa Rica ending was good too though. Because Costa Rica was beautiful. It kinda made me imagine about the places. But the story wasn't all that.
 (Of course, I will always favor Anna and The French Kiss because it made me roll over with happiness and made me twitterpatted all over the place)


You Might Also Like

0 comments